Teaching Assistant Position
Responsibilities & Requirements
Teaching Assistant, Department of Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, and Biomathematics – Georgetown University Medical Center
This is a 9-month term position for the 2020-2021 Academic Year, (approximately 15 hours/week) in the Department of Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, and Biomathematics.
The Teaching Assistant (TA) will be responsible for the following:
- Grading students’ works and advising them on their homework and other assignments.
- Holding weekly office hours to address students’ questions and to clarify grading.
- Assisting the course director in proctoring midterm and final exams, if requested.
- Assisting the course director in managing the course Canvas page by timely managing students’ grading records.
- Providing the course director with weekly reports on students’ progress.
- Must be a Graduate Student in Biostatistics with the GPA of at least 3.0.
- Must have taken and passed the following courses with a grade of at least “A-“.
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Linear Models and Multivariate Analysis
- Survival Analysis
- Quantitative Data Analysis and Reporting
- Machine Learning and Data Science
- Experimental Design and Clinical Trials
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must have strong time management skills.
- Must be familiar with Canvas course management system.
- Must be able to work independently.
The rate for this position is $32,500.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.